Artisan Cheese & Wine Pairing Event Weekend
Delicious pairing of unique cheeses from i-gourmet paired with locally produced wines!
Join the wineries of the Berks County Wine Trail October 7th & 8th, 2017:
Artisan Cheese & Wine Pairing Event weekend on the Berks County Wine Trail is a fantastic opportunity to experience and enjoy the poetry of different cheeses and wines during this annual event. Spend a glorious Fall weekend visiting 11 different wineries and tasting nearly two dozen different styles of cheeses paired with a vast array of featured wines of the Berks County region of Eastern Pennsylvania.
Ticket holders will get to enjoy samples of different styles of cheese at each winery, paired with fantastic wines! Wine & Cheese, what a blissful way to spend the day…. Enjoy discovering the poetical style of which cheese pairs best with which wines. And this year the cheeses will be selected by popular online cheese purveyor, I-gourmet !
Please note, for the first 200 online ticket purchases, tickets will be $15/person. So purchase now! After 200 online tickets are sold, tickets prices per person will be $20. Note: ticketing service fees apply for online purchasing.
Tickets are valid at all 11 wineries during the event weekend (either day). This wine trail event is “self-guided;” create your own adventure as a day-trip during this Autumn weekend, visiting each of the wineries along the Berks County Wine Trail. Ticket proceeds from the event help pay for the wine trail’s annual expenses (website, maps, brochures).
By mid-September, the complete menu of wines & cheeses to be featured at each winery during this adventuresome wine weekend will be posted. In the meantime, below is a preview of some of the fantastic wines that will be featured during this event.
Note, wineries will have their full wine tasting menus available for sampling during this event; although several of the wineries will offer full wine bar samplings for free; many of the wineries do charge a nominal fee for their regular tasting menu. Often these fees are either refundable with purchase of wine or taster receives a complimentary wine glass.
Additionally, please note no buses or groups over 6 can be received at Pinnacle Ridge Winery.Thank you for your understanding.
- Manatawny Creek Winery (Douglassville) check back soon for double header of wines to be featured during this event.
- Stone Barn Cellars (Spring City) will be featuring BonFire, a dry red wine made from Noiret, wafting with scents of smoke and pepper. Contrasted by bold flavors of pineapple and grapefruit, visitors will also enjoy samples of the winery’s crisp Vidal Blank white wine.
- Ridgewood Winery (Birdsboro) will be sharing samples of its Cabernet Franc red wine with its fruit forward flavors and a light white pepper finish. Also available for sampling will be its Sauvignon Blanc; two years aged, mellow, well-balanced white wine with light tropical fruit flavors.
- Weathered Vineyards (New Tripoli) welcomes visitors with samples of its Traminette white wine rich with fragrances of roses and Granny Smith apples. Weathered will also be sampling its unique Pinot Gris white wine; likewise aromatic, with hints of citrus, pear, apple, and ripe, white nectarine.
- Blair Vineyards (Kutztown) check back soon for double feature of wines to be featured during this event.
- Calvaresi Winery (Bernville) shares a semi-dry interpretation of Riesling white wine, one with an exotic tropical nose blended with a finish of local apple and spicy peach. Also featured is the winery’s classic Autumn Rose. This sweet blush wine displays a friendly tartness and a playful grapey flavor.
- Clover Hill Winery (Robesonia) check back soon for the pair of wines to be featured during this event.
- Stoudt’s Winery (Shartlesville) enjoys contrasting with the simplest of wines: Concord and Raspberry..
- Kog Hill Winery (Morgantown) to announce its featured wine twins shortly.
- Long Trout Winery (Auburn) Check back soon for their dreamy duo of wines to be featured.
- Pinnacle Ridge Winery (Kutztown) check back soon for two-step of wines to be featured at this event.
Designated Drivers – please announce yourself to the person at each winery who marks off the event tickets; you’ll be stamped and then presented with a selection of cheeses and crackers.