Artisan Cheese & Wine Pairing Event Weekend
Delicious pairing of unique cheeses with locally produced wines!
Join the wineries of the Berks County Wine Trail October 8th & 9th, 2016:
Artisan Cheese & Wine Pairing Event weekend on the Berks County Wine Trail is a fantastic opportunity to experience and enjoy the poetry of different cheeses and wines. This annual event takes place October 8th & 9th, 2016 Noon to 5pm both days. Spend a glorious Fall weekend visiting 10 different wineries and tasting nearly two dozen different styles of cheeses paired with a vast array of featured wines of the Berks County region of Eastern Pennsylvania.
Ticketholders will get to enjoy samples of different styles of cheese at each winery, paired with fantastic wines! Wine & Cheese what a blissful way to spend the day.... Enjoy discovering the poetical style of which cheese pairs best with which wines. Tickets - available online now:
Or go 'old-school' and purchase your tickets at any of the 10 Berks County Wine Trail Wineries. Earlybird ticketing $12/person. Tickets, if you wait to purchase on the day of the event, will be: $18/person. Note: ticketing service fees apply for online purchasing.
Tickets are valid at all 10 wineries during the event weekend (either day). This wine trail event is “self-guided;" create your own adventure as a day-trip during this Autumn weekend, visiting each of the wineries along the Berks County Wine Trail. Ticket proceeds from the event help pay for the wine trail's annual expenses (website, maps, brochures).
By the end of September, a complete menu of wines & cheeses to be featured at each winery during this adventuresome wine weekend will be posted. Check back soon for a sneak-preview of some of the fantastic wines & cheeses to be featured at these participating wineries:
- Manatawny Creek Winery (Douglassville) harvests the spicey flavors of Fall by pairing their Cabernet Franc with September Farms one-year aged cheddar and also pairing Ruby (formerly known as Harvest Red) with a cheddar cheese biscuit made with September Farms' Chili Pepper Cheddar.
- Stone Barn Cellars (Spring City) Back by popular demand: Lobster Mac 'N Cheese paired with their classic Vidal Blanc white wine.
- Weathered Vineyards (New Tripoli) - newest member of the trail! Check back soon for their wine & cheese pairings.
- Blair Vineyards (Kutztown) will be featuring select wines with cheeses from Valley Milkhouse of Oley, Pa.
- Calvaresi Winery (Bernville) Check back soon for their wine & cheese pairing menu.
- Clover Hill Winery (Robesonia) warms the soul of the season with Grafton Truffle Cheddar paired with our Spiced Apple Wine and Beemster Hatch Pepper Cheese paired with their brisk Vidal Verde white wine..
- Bashore & Stoudt Country Winery (Shartlesville) Where there's smoke there's fire - the Smoked Cheddar and Smoked Jalapeno cheeses ignited by the wild pairing of Concord.
- Kog Hill Winery (Morgantown) Check back soon for their wine & cheese pairing menu.
- Long Trout Winery (Auburn) Check back soon for their wine & cheese pairing menu.
- Pinnacle Ridge Winery (Kutztown) Served on crackers will be smooth pairings of Mozzarella with extra virgin Olive Oil and Himalayan Sea Salts, or creamy Feta Cheese with selected olives paired with either 2015 Naked Chardonnay, or for a semi-sweet option, 2015 Vidal Blanc.
Designated Drivers - please announce yourself to the person at each winery who marks off the event tickets; you'll be stamped and then presented with a plate of cheese, crackers.