Artisan Cheese & Wine Pairing Event Weekend
Inventive pairings of local cheeses with locally produced wines!
Join the wineries of the Berks County Wine Trail October 3rd & 4th, 2015, Noon to 5 PM:
Artisan Cheese & Wine Pairing Event weekend on the Berks County Wine Trail is a fantastic opportunity to experience and enjoy an array of different cheeses and wines. Event takes place during one glorious weekend Saturday October 3rd & Sunday October 4th, 2015, noon to 5pm both days. Spend a Autumn weekend visiting 9 different wineries and tasting nearly a dozen different cheeses paired with a vast array of featured wines of the Berks County region of Eastern Pennsylvania. Event bonus: paired with the wines and artisnal cheeses will be a creative dish made with cheese!
Ticketholders will get to enjoy samples of a different type of cheese at each winery, paired with fantastic wines and a culinary cheese creation! Enjoy discovering which style of cheese pairs best with which wines. Tickets - on sale now! Purchase your tickets at any of the 9 Berks County Wine Trail Wineries or purchase online at Local Wine Events. Earlybird ticketing $12/person. Tickets the day of the event: $18/person. Note: ticketing service fees apply for online purchasing.
Tickets are valid at all 9 wineries during the event weekend (either day). This wine trail event is “self-guided;" create your own adventure as a day-trip during this Autumn weekend, visiting each of the wineries along the Berks County Wine Trail. Ticket proceeds from the event help pay for the wine trail's annual expenses (website, maps, brochures).
By late September, a complete menu of wines & cheeses and cheese dishes to be featured at each winery during this adventuresome wine weekend will be posted. In the meantime, please enjoy a sneak preview of what's in store for your wine and cheese adventures:
- Manatawny Creek Winery (Douglassville) will be serving roasted tomato soup made with brie - paired with their Harvest Red Wine; also featured will be a creative pairing of cheddar cheese coins with Syrah red wine.
- Stone Barn Cellars (Spring City) the newest member of the wine trail invites attendees to dive into "Creamy Lobster Mac-N -Cheese" paired with their 2013 Chardonnay white wine. Visitors will also enjoy biting into Cranberry Chevre from Amazing Acres, paired with Morning Glory, a semi-sweet white wine with luscious peach and tropical flavors. Special feature at Stone Barn: on Saturday 10/3, Amazing Acres Goat Dairy will be on-site; enjoy the opportunity to meet these local cheese artisans.
- Blair Vineyards (Kutztown) welcomes ticketholders to enjoy their classic Pinot Noir paired with a savory blue cheese biscuit; Blue Cheese is made by Birchrun Hills Farms of Chester County. Check back soon for details about Blair's creative cheese dish and additional wine pairing!
- Calvaresi Winery (Bernville) serves up samples of a creative Cheddar, Apple & Onion Gratin paired with Pinot Grigio white wine. They will also be featuring a simple bite of
Smoked Gouda with Marechal Foch red wine (Marechal Foch is an interesting grape and history behind it -ask about it!)
- Clover Hill Winery (Robesonia) will be
featuring a fun 'flip & serve Blue Cheese' with a balsamic glaze paired with their signature
Vignoles white wine as well as Pepperdew Cheddar with their Riesling white wine. Both cheeses are sourced from
S. Clyde Weaver. Not only can you purchase tickets at Clover Hill's
vineyard in Robesonia, but also at their stand in the Boscov's Fairgrounds Farmers Market and their
winery in Breinigsville. Note: this event will only be taking place at Clover Hill's Robesonia location.
- Bashore & Stoudt Country Winery (Shartlesville) takes your tour of the wine trail to a sweeter side of cheese. They will be pairing a classic cheese Danish with their brunchtime favorite red wine: Raspberry Wine.
- Kog Hill Winery (Morgantown) stop on by the most Southern edge of the wine trail and enjoy gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches made with Smoked Gouda and pulled pork paired with the winery's Pinot Noir red wine; also your visit will be filled with samples of lovely Brie Cheese on crackers paired with Kog Hil White wine.
- Long Trout Winery (Auburn) will warm everyone up with samples of Velvety Pumpkin Soup made with blue cheese & bacon paired with their Psychedelic Jack-O-Lantern pumpkin wine. The winery will also be featuring samples of Cheddar Cheese Soup paired with pesto cheese sandwich bites.
- Pinnacle Ridge Winery (Kutztown) Upstairs in the 1850's bank barn, wine trail visitors are sure to enjoy samples of Kirchenberg Farms of Fleetwood's Goat Cheese paired with apricot jam and the winery's 2014 Dry Vidal Blanc white wine. Also served will be samples of Chef James Beard's tomato sauce recipe, also paired with Kirchenberg goat cheese, topped of with samples the winery's special red: 2012 Chambourcin Reserve.
Designated Drivers - please announce yourself to the person at each winery who marks off the event tickets; you'll be stamped and then presented with a plate of cheese, crackers.