Artisan Cheese & Wine Pairing Event Weekend
Inventive pairings of local cheeses with locally produced wines!
Join the wineries of the Berks County Wine Trail Saturday October 4th & Sunday October 5th
Artisan Cheese & Wine Pairing Event weekend on the Berks County Wine Trail is a fantastic opportunity to experience and enjoy an array of different cheeses and wines. Event takes place Saturday October 4th and Sunday October 5th from Noon to 5 PM both days. Spend a glorious Autumn weekend visiting 8 different wineries and tasting nearly 20 different cheeses paired with many different featured wines of the Berks County region of Eastern Pennsylvania. Event bonus: each winery will feature samples of a different variety of fresh gourmet Asian Pear from Subarashii Kudamono.
Ticketholders will get to enjoy samples of a different type of cheese at each winery, paired with fantastic wines and fresh Asian Pear! Enjoy discovering which style of cheese pairs best with which wines. TICKETS ON SALE NOW! Purchase your tickets at any of the 8 Berks County Wine Trail Wineries or purchase online at Local Wine Events. Earlybird ticketing $12/person is available NOW thru October 3rd at 11:30 PM. Tickets the day of the event: $18/person. Note: ticketing service fees apply for online purchasing.
Tickets are valid at all 8 wineries during the event weekend (either day). This wine trail event is “self-guided;" create your own adventure as a day-trip during this Autumn weekend, visiting each of the wineries along the Berks County Wine Trail. Ticket proceeds from the event help pay for the wine trail's annual expenses (website, maps, brochures).
The complete menu of wines & cheeses to be featured, including varieties of Subarashii Kudamono Gourmet Asian Pears at each winery, will be posted in the days ahead. Below is a preview of the featured wines and cheese menu to be enjoyed during your wine trail adventures:
- Manatawny Creek Winery (Douglassville)will be featuring Milkhouse Thistle cheese (brie) paired with their Chardonnay and a roasted garlic & pepper cheese spread made with cheddar from September Farms of Honeybrook (www.septemberfarmscheese.com) paired with their Syrah Red Wine.
- Blair Vineyards (Kutztown) welcomes ticketholders to enjoy Lambsquarters, a creamy fresh cheese similar to a chevre; made with sheep's milk it has a bright citrusy note. Lambsquarters will be served on a cracker with homemade wine jelly and paired with Blair Vineyards' 2013 Sauvignon Blanc. Their second pairing is Foxtail, a rich and tangy feta style cheese made with sheeps milk, aged in brine for 2 to 4 weeks, served with Blair Vineyards' 2009 Pinot Noir. Cheese are crafted by Valley Milkhouse (www.valleymilkhouse.com) in Oley, PA.
- Calvaresi Winery (Bernville) will be pairing their 2013 Riesling White Wine with a unique Sharp Provolone, and their two-time gold medal winning Baco Noir Red Wine with a classic Gouda. Both cheeses are from the ever-popular Esh's Cheese of Lancaster (www.eshfoods.com).
- Clover Hill Winery (Robesonia) will be featuring two clever cheese pairings: Cayuga White white paired with a Mango Ginger Stilton cheese and their Fall-themed, Spiced Apple Wine paired with Colliers' Cheddar. Cheeses will also be available for purchase at this stop. Please note, this event only takes place at Clover Hill's Robesonia location.
Check back soon for wine and cheese pairing menu details for these participating wineries:
- Bashore & Stoudt Country Winery (Shartlesville)
- Kog Hill Winery (Morgantown)
- Long Trout Winery (Auburn)
- Pinnacle Ridge Winery (Kutztown)